Heywood Consolidated School derives its name from the consolidation of eight primary schools in the 1950’s from the communities of Condah, Heathmere, Hotspur, Homerton, Milltown, Drumborg, Ettrrick and Whittlebury. The consolidation meant that students would benefit from facilities such as libraries, art rooms, canteens and sports facilities that did not exist in the smaller rural schools.
While set in spacious attractive grounds, the original relocated buildings deteriorated over time and the planning and design of a new complex was begun. The new facility opened in December 1995 and the school has since enjoyed the addition of a sports stadium, adventure playground and multi-purpose facility.
The school is also a hub for community activities with multiple sporting groups using our facilities at various times throughout the year.